Betty Golde Smith Library
The Betty Golde Smith Library was established in 1957 as a major resource for the Institute's programs and psychoanalytic research. The library is one of the top psychoanalytic libraries in the country and is the only up-to-date resource for psychoanalytic materials in St. Louis.
The Library is part of the National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) coordinated by the National Library of Medicine. It is one of the 400 member medical libraries of the MidContinental Region of the network that includes Missouri, Nebraska, Kansas, Colorado, Utah, and Wyoming.
The NN/LM is a network of health science libraries and information centers throughout the United States. The NN/LM provides health care professionals and the public equal access to health care information resources.
- Many students, professionals, and members of the community regularly take advantage of library services including computerized searching of the in-house collection as well as rapid indexing for the major psychoanalytic journals.
- Members of the Institute have access to additional services including checking out materials, reference assistance, notification of new journal articles, and networking with 45 area medical libraries as well as the National Library of Medicine for prompt interlibrary loans.
The Library has in its current holdings:
- 4,500 Books
- 35 Journal Subscriptions
- 20 Video Tapes
- 20 CDs of Lectures
- 100+ Lectures on Audio Cassette
The library's holdings include the core psychoanalytic journals and many other titles, such as:
- Journal of the American Academy of Psychoanalysis and Dynamic Psychiatry
- Bulletin of the Menninger Clinic
- International Journal of Psychoanalysis
- Canadian Journal of Psychoanalysis
- Psychoanalytic Review
- Israel Journal of Psychiatry and Related Science
LINK TO ONLINE CATALOG
The library welcomes searches of its online catalog at:
LIBRARY HOURS AND LOCATION
The library is open to the general public. It is located in the St. Louis Psychoanalytic Institute at 8820 Ladue Road, 3rd Floor. (map) The library is open Monday - Friday from 8:30am - 3:30pm. We invite all to drop in and take advantage of this wonderful community resource.
For more information or to reach the Institute Librarian, Sheila Heckman, call 314-361-7075, x324 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to access the Library Service Fee online form.