For Educators and Professionals working with Children & Adolescents
Keeping Your Child in Mind
Claudia M. Gold, MD
Thursday, October 17, 2013 7:00 p.m.
Tickets available soon.
Zero to Six
Lourdes Henares-Levy, MD & Stephen Zwolak, MEd
Coming this Fall - Dates TBA
6:30 p.m.-8:00 p.m.
Institute Classroom A
CME/CE/Clock Hours: 10.5
Note: Training Certificates for Foster Parents will be available upon completion of the course
This course will explore the powerful emotions behind behaviors. One case will be presented in depth from six different angles: development, trauma, attachment, attunement, termperament, and neuroscience. Designed to be practical and useful, this course features an exchange of ideas and real stories. Tips for managing difficult children will be offered.
1. Describe how biology impinges on personalilty development
2. Describe the salient developmental accomplishments during the first through sixth years of life
3. Describe how attachment is created and explain how separations effect development
4. Predict the affects of maltreatment in children
5. Demonstrate understanding of childhood development and apply it to work experience
Group Supervision for Educators and Professionals Working with Children
Supervisor schedules are still being formulated. Check back to this site frequently for updates, or contact Cathy Krane at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-446-3043.